Technologies today have boosted up and so were the machineries on dentists’ office just like a few treatments had developed and some are more safety than the usual. The list below will introduce you to some upgraded and developed techniques, and new techniques for your teeth.
We, at Dentist Imus Cavite, give tips on how to take good care your dental health. LE Dental Clinic Imus will be very glad to assist you with your dental health. You can text or call LE Dental Clinic Imus Cavite for your dental concern or email us.
5 New Modern Tooth Treatment
1. Tooth decay preventive techniques like using fluorescent light to detect the development of cavities long before they are detected by x-rays or dental examination. Smart filling is another technique researchers are working on, releasing the fluoride slowly over time around fillings and in adjacent teeth to prevent further decay. Another study has shown that chewing gums with xylitol can temporarily slow down the growth of bacteria on the teeth that causes decay. In addition toothpastes and mouth rinses which can reverse and heal tooth decay are being studied.
2. Dental sealants are another treatment used to prevent tooth decay. Sealants are thin, plastic coating that are painted on the chewing surfaces of the teeth (the premolars and molars), shielding the enamel of each tooth to prevent tooth decay. Children aged 6-14 whose premolars and permanent molars are up should get sealants for these age range are the cavity prone years for children. Adults can also benefit from sealants but only those without filling or decay on their molars and premolars. Sealants can span up to 10 years but they need some regular dental check-ups for chipping and wearing.
3. Drill-less dentistry or known as air abrasion and microabrasion is now offered at some dentists. Air abrasions are used to remove tooth decay, to remove old composite restoration, to remove superficial stains and discolorations. Air abrasion works like a mini sandblaster to spray away the decay or stain, or to prepare a tooth surface for bonding or sealants and then the remaining particles are then ‘sunctioned’ away.
4. Whitening toothpastes are also on the list. All toothpastes might help remove surface stain on the teeth but whitening toothpastes contain some gentle polishing or chemical agents that provide additional removal effectiveness. Some whitening over-the-counter toothpastes and professional whitening products contains hydrogen peroxide (a bleaching substance, as well as stains deep in the tooth. Whitening toothpastes can also lighten up your tooth from three to eight shades.
5. Lasers are still on the list with the more developed and new techniques, lasers can’t only remove tooth decay but also gum disease and can be used also to whiten teeth. Lasers are also used for biopsy, the removal of a small piece of tissue (called a biopsy) and sent it for tests to determine if it is cancerous. It can also be used to remove lesions in the mouth and relieve the pain of canker sores.
Dentist Imus Cavite recommends you to visit your dentist twice a year for check-ups and cleanings. Three argumentative reasons we encourage you to visit your dentist on regular schedules are:
- For your dentist to see the problems you might not see or feel,
- For your dentist to find some early signs of decay (decay doesn’t become visible or painful until it reaches more advanced stages, and
- For treatment of oral health problems found therein (the earlier the problem was found, the less expensive and manageable it is).